Job Summary: The server is responsible to take guest orders, serve food and drinks and collect various forms of payment in a courteous and efficient manner and according to restaurant standards of service ensuring a positive dining experience. Servers in a buffet venue will be responsible for knowing the foods served on the buffet on a daily basis in order to be able to answer any questions the guest may have in regards to the menu being served that day.
- Greet and seat patrons on occasions when host or cashier is not available to ensure no wait time for guest.
- Maintain knowledge of restaurant and buffet menu and answer questions posed by patrons including basic ingredients in food to help identify any possible allergy issues should a guest ask.
- Provide quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to restaurant guests, while remaining approachable and available at all times. Observe and acknowledge patrons who perhaps could need assistance.
- Communicate with wait staff, managers and kitchen staff in order to improve communication and coordination so that patrons may be impressed in their dining experience.
- Refill beverages as needed.
- Assist with picking up dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware during and after meals.
- Place in bus tubs and deliver to assigned dish washing area in kitchen.
- Clean and sanitize bus carts nightly.
- Keep ice stations filled, silverware polished and rolled, and glasses and dishes stocked. Prepare tables for next guest.
- Stock/restock supplies (e.g., cups, glasses, silverware, coffee, napkins, etc.) at service station.
- Complete opening, running, and closing side duties completely.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness/appearance of buffet as needed.
- May record all sales in the POS system.
- Other duties as may be assigned.